Windows 7! That’s right, today marks the 1st birthday of Windows 7!
While it may not be the most exciting thing to some but to me it is.
Windows 7 was released one year ago from this very day (October 22nd to be exact). Windows Blog is celebrating Windows 7’s 1st year by giving away a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate, along with some other things (see image below, Keyboard not included).
To enter you just have to leave a comment with the 7 things you love the most about Windows 7 on their blog post and your comment will be randomly chosen and published.
I’ll post my 7 here but note I’ve already left a comment on their blog post, try and spot the little comment I left about another Microsoft service.
7. The Aero theme: How can anyone not love this?
6. Calculator: I have to say that this is one of the things that I noticed being a real improvement, very helpful.
5. Aero Snap: Very useful feature, don’t know how I lived without it.
4. The Taskbar: The taskbar in windows 7 is awesome, being able to pin your favourite or often used programs, very useful.
3. Notification Area: This is another one of the things I love about this OS, in previous versions some icons were just stuck out of view (you had to click a button or arrow to reveal them), with Windows 7 you can put all of the icons you want in plain sight and hide the ones you don’t want to see.
2. Libraries: The Libraries feature is just so damn useful, if you visit a folder often you can just make a library to point to that folder and you’ve saved yourself a lot of time.
1. Search: This is just the most awesome thing for lazy people or people that don’t know where everything is, just type in a term and bing comes back what you’re looking for.
You’re welcome to comment on this post and say what you think of Windows 7 yourself, be it positive or negative, I don’t judge.
In Other News…
CnCFPS is shutting down, the owner (Zack) and myself simply don’t have the time, well I don’t anyways. Perhaps it will return in the future, who knows. RIP CnCFPS.
Now I will go back to what I should be doing at the moment, studying for a midterm I have today.
That’s it for now, thanks for reading!